A Support Group for New Moms and Mothers-To-Be
Becoming a new mom can be a magical, joyful experience filled with feelings of love. Yet women new to motherhood may often experience:
- Moments of uncertainty and confusion as they find themselves in a completely new role
- Physical exhaustion and sleep deprivation as their babies’ needs dominate their own
- The weight of responsibility as their babies life and care is now largely dependent upon them
- Feelings of loss as the demands of motherhood overshadow the freedoms and ease of pre-baby life
- Self-criticism and moments of feeling ‘not good enough’ as they encounter the challenges and demands of soothing and feeding a distressed infant
- That their feelings of isolation and loneliness during this time are unacceptable in a culture that projects early motherhood to be a time characterized by bliss
Lotus Mamas is a place where women transitioning to motherhood:
- Can gather and collectively embrace the breadth of experiences that shape and define becoming a mom
- Can learn to appreciate their babies’ unfolding personalities – their likes and dislikes as well as the traits and characteristics that are unique to them
- Can connect with others around feeding, sleeping, soothing, playing, as well as maternal self-care so that they can broaden their knowledge base and feel a sense of empowerment as they work through challenges
- Can safely express the hardship and difficult feelings that are universal to the new motherhood experience so that they can feel a sense of validation and know that their experience is shared by others
280 Dobbs Ferry Road, Suite 303
White Plains, NY 10607
This weekly group is starting in January, 2019 and meets on Thursdays 11:00 AM to 12:30 PM. The first group is scheduled for Thursday, January 10th.
Lotus Mamas focuses on building connections between new and expecting mothers, providing psychological and emotional mindfulness education as well as strategies for self-care and finding balance. This group is open to expecting mothers as well as new mothers and babies.
While the birth of a new baby is one of the most magical times in life, women may also feel overwhelmed as they ready themselves for their delivery date as well as isolated or uncertain as they navigate through the first weeks and months postpartum.
This group series is an ongoing group and runs weekly from January through June. A 5 session package is $250. The package of 5 sessions expires 2 months from the date of purchase. Once you’ve used your 5 sessions or your package has expired, you may purchase another package of 5 sessions to continue participating in the group.
Payment can be made via check made out to Lotus Psychotherapy or via Zelle (recipient email is firstname.lastname@example.org). Please write “Lotus Mamas” in the memo space. Alternatively, you can also sign up and pay by clicking on our registration page here.
Nicole Wagner, LMSW, CPD (DONA) has spent nearly 20 years working with children and families as a Social Worker and most recently as a Certified Postpartum Doula. As a Doula, Nicole provides non-judgmental postpartum support and nurturing to new families. Nicole finds it extremely gratifying to be able to guide and nurture women as she knows that her support can ease minds and hearts during the first few weeks postpartum.
Come join us! We only have a few spots left…